[blindwoodworker] Table Saw.

  • From: "Tom Hodges" <tomhodges@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindwoodworker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:16:25 -0500

CLooking for a little advice here, on a selection for an enexpensive table
saw.

My cheap Delta, 10 inch table saw is getting so it won't work so well.  I
got about 10 years use out of it and I can't complain, since I paid 99
dollars for it, with the stand included.

I do a lot of  interior remodeling of my 115 year old house and although I
use my Deewalt 12 inch miter saw for most of the work, I do ripping now and
then and need the table saw for that.  I would only like to spend about 200
to 250 dollars, any recommendations?

I looked at one at Sears last night for 230 dollars and it is going on sale
Friday morning only, for 149 dollars.  It includes the stand and a sawdust
bag, which mounts underneath.  I think it was a model 2805.  Anyone have any
experience with this one?

Thank you.

Regards, Tom Hodges