[blindreplay] Re: capturing question

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrogia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 01:57:41 -0400

Darren
Yes, Replay Media Catcher 5 should work but just install Replay Media Catcher 5
without buying it. You can use it this way as a demo. Will have recording
limitations. You should read the user guide first to understand how it works.
Which screen reader are you using? You have nothing to lose.

The Replay Media Catcher 5 User Guide is at

http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/user_guide5

Please keep us posted on what you do and if it does work.

At first, it may appear to a blind user it is inaccessible but this is not
true. Buttons are labeled for screen readers. Works well with NVDA and JAWS 14.

It has a menu bar.

When you first run RMC5 it will have a pop up type message. If you are using
JAWS you will need to use your route JAWS to PC cursor.
insert+minus
then
ctrl+home
then
arrow down to read the individual pop up messages that pop up throughout the
program.
select the option you want.

So the first message is going to ask you if you want to use Dropbox as your
default storage. To save your recordings / captures to Dropbox. My guess is
this only pops up if it detects you have the Dropbox application installed on
your computer.

To quickly test it with the website you want to record / download with JAWS and
NVDA simply use

Run RMC5
alt+s to start recording

Open pen your browser and go to the website and log into it and play the
stream. Live and archived programming is there. Test it for both types.

If it is an archive (not live( just play the audio for 30 seconds and stop the
audio.

alt+tab to go back to Replay Media Catcher 5.

The next two steps are important to remember.

On main interface of RMC 5 press enter on display List view button.

Press enter on Library tab / module on main interface of RMC5 to make it the
active tab.

While on the library tab press shift+tab to place focu into the Library List
view.

This is where your recordings and downloads appear.

Read the lines in the list view.

When a recording is done you will hear sound beeps from RMC5 but I am not sure
what the default setting is. You will have to enable sound effects if you do
not hear the beeps within the settings which can be access by choosing the
settings button on main UI or via one of the menu bars.

If one of the lines in the list view reads as 'complete' the recording is
finished.

If you see one of the lines say recording or downloading it is still in
progress. Still capturing.

When you see complete then press enter on the name in the Library list view to
play back the recording.

If you get a pop up message asking you if you want to download a media player
just choose no option.

If the media you are trying to play is supported on your computer you will hear
it play.

I do not know what your website is using for audio or video formats.

Read the line entry in the list view as it will give you the format type like
name.flv or name.mp3 or name.mp4 and so on.

If you want to convert the entry that is in the list view, simply press
shift+F10 or applications key (context menu ky( and choose save to mp3 with
enter.

Wait and you will see the new file in the list view. If you do not see it in
your list view press your home key. New entries appear at the top of the list
view.

You will see name.mp3 for entry one and for entry two if you arrow down once
name.flv.
When finished using RMC5,
alt+x to stop recording

Close RMC5.

It is very powerful program so please read the user guide and asks question on
this list.