[blindchristian] Re: Introduction.

  • From: Noelle williamson <born2fly83@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 21:19:27 -0700

Oh, do you have a site for the podcast? I'm a purist! As in, I can't
stand using iTunes with windows for anything but charging and syncing
my phone.

On 7/24/15, Keith Heltsley <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As long as I'm at home I have excellent coverage, with 4G cell service,
and my home network blankets the house with good wi-fi. At church, there's
no web connection, and the cell coverage drops to below 3g. My old iPhone
had such horrible battery life, it wouldn't survive the Sunday School hour
if I had to grab online sources for bible texts. even using the onboard app,
and going into airrplane mode, it was iffy whether it would survive to the
sermon.

Not to mention that cell coverage has plenty of drop out spots on the
country roads that connect the various small towns in the county.

I read the bible plans using apps, and reminders on my phone. Yeah, you can
ignore the alert, or have it arrive when something in real life is more
pressing, and it gets forgotten about. Both the YouVersion Bible app, and
the Reading Plan apps that I generally use for that have features to reset
the plan so those unread days start fresh today. Kinda like God's
merciees... new each day... then keep on going. I usually manage to get
caught up pretty quick, so I don't do that very often.

My podcast co-host, not a blind guy, had a question on the topic of how I
read the bible, and I recorfded a fairly short installment, about 20 min, to
demo it. We also started a 4 part series on important features of
discipleship that every christian ought to be doing. The first part is on
reading the bible. I can't remember the episode numbers, but look on the
iTunes directory for Quest for Truth, and you'll find us. I'm shooting to
ddo part 3 in that series next week, if schedules permit.

best,
Keith Heltsley