[blindchristian] Re: Introduction.

  • From: Keith Heltsley <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 19:21:46 -0500

Nice to meet you, Noelle. The list is fairly small and quiet.

I'm totally blind as well, but in my case, it didn't happen until I was 35
years old. I was in the military for 17 years... 8 on active duty, and 9 in the
National Guard. I would've stayed in longer, but I couldn't pass the eye exam
anymore. The doctors ddon't know what caused it, and the military is denying
it's connected to service. I'm in the process of challenging them on that
though.

God is good. Glad to know you have an upgrade to your housing situation. I'm
still getting used to a move we made last October. I just spent 4 weeks in
Chicago, so I'm once again having to get used to the place, and into the swing
of a normal routine.

I have a podcast that I sometimes post updates here when a new episode is out.
With just getting back home, it may still take me until next week before I get
something posted. Unless my wife is up to doing some recording in the next day
or two.

I normally use a laptop, running Windows 7, with Jaws 13, and some bible
software called Theophilos. However, I just got a new Macbook Pro that I'm
trying to figure out. What bible programs do you use, or technology do you use
to read and study the bible?

best,

Subscribe, unSubscribe, Switch to Digest, Go on Vacation Status, use the online
form at:
Blind Christian Home Page: //www.freelists.org/list/blindchristian