[blind-democracy] Re: FW: Thanks for signing my petition to the DNC. Now can you share it?

  • From: "Charles Krugman" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ckrugman" for DMARC)
  • To: <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 00:51:58 -0800

The issue is that for people that don't have the luxury of driving to the store having to bring reusable bags is an added inconvenience and many of the canvas bags are difficult to carry and don't seem to hold as much. I am old enough to remember that at one time plastic bags were considered a panacea because people weren't using as many trees by not using paper bags. The problem with the California law in addition is that stores can charge up to .10 for each bag and there are concerns about how this will impact low income people.
Chuck

-----Original Message----- From: Martian.Lady
Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2016 9:15 PM
To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [blind-democracy] Re: FW: Thanks for signing my petition to the DNC. Now can you share it?

Hi
 While I agree in theory with banning plastic bags I have a problem.  Where
we live, I have a trash shoot for all trash.  I reuse all the plastic bags I
get from the stores.  Usually I use cloth bags for groceries but just get
enough plastic bags for trash.  If they outlaw plastic bags, we will need to
buy bags at the store.  reusing bags makes more sense than buying them.
Perhaps a lot of people don't do this though.

Marsha