[blind-chess] Re: RE General Game Policies

  • From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 22:08:27 -0500

Hi,

Aren't friendly games supposed to be just that, a chance to play some games
without restrictions for the fun of it? It seems to me that rather than coming
up with a general policy, it would make more sense for the players to agree on
time restrictions before starting a game if they want to have them. Also, I
think the TD has enough to do making sure tournament games are played according
to the time controls and shouldn't have to worry about regulating friendly
games. Maybe there could be a policy to cover extreme cases - if you don't hear
from your opponent in a week, you contact them. If they don't send a move or a
good explanation within three days, they forfeit. But otherwise, it seems to me
that it should be between the players.

Just my two cents' worth,
Anna

View list information and change your settings:
//www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess
=======