[bksvol-discuss] your book has been replaced

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:20:34 -0800

Hi gang,

I have occasionally received a message that says "your book has not been accepted," which is usually my fault not having checked to see if it was already in the list. Yesterday I got a new message saying "your book has been replaced." The message said that the book was replaced with another better copy. I appreciate that we are given the reason why. It said that the other copy had less mistakes etc. I have no problem with that. I am interested in the pool getting the best copy of any book that is available. I thought I had a relatively free scan of mistakes, but I'm not a vallidator. I have no problems since I am not working for points, I just enjoy scanning and reading a book that I can send on to the bookshare pool. The book was S is for Silence by Sue Grafton. I wish there were more messages as to why a book has been rejected, but I guess that gets too involved. Anyway, I'm just interrested in Bookshare getting the best that is available. Anyway, I guess the message of this email is to say that I appreciate that we are given a reason sometimes why a book is rejected, but wish that there could always be a reason given to the donator as to why it might not be accepted.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California