[bksvol-discuss] Re: yikes on the new search

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:33:25 -0800

Well, I used the "Quick search" and searched for Stephen King with no quotes
and got 19,000 results.  Then I searched for Stephen King with quotes and got
1,600 results.  The first results were books by King and later results
contained text with the words "Stephen King".

Then I used advanced search and searched for the author Stephen King and got 75
results.  I generally search for authors so will probably stick with the

For me, Google is far more user friendly than this new engine, but then I don't
plan to browse through lots of books just for the fun of it.

Lori C.