[bksvol-discuss] Re: yikes on the new search

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:26:24 -0500

Ann, I tried putting "Gallo" in the search box with the quotes (no w on the
end of the author's last name) and I got over 1500 results. I don't have
time to wade through 1500 results to see if the book is already in the
collection.

Evan, the book isn't one I've scanned. I just want to make sure it's not in
the collection before I do scan it. But I don't see how I can do that if I
can't even make a simple search work without getting over a thousand or even
over two thousand results. I'm not looking through a thousand books to see
if it's in the collection.

If I can't just put in an author's name and get only results for that
author, then I don't want to waste the time looking.

Even when I went to advanced search and put "Gallo" with the quotes in the
author box I still got over 600 results and many of them aren't even with
"Gallo" in the author's name.

I'm glad so many like the new search but I hate it.

And what I hate more is scanning a book only to have it rejected because
it's already in the collection. And now I don't know how to find out if
something is in the collection without wasting too much time looking. It's
bad enough when it's my own fault because I forgot to check, but now I have
no inclination to check.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club by Gil
McNeil