[bksvol-discuss] Re: yes, let's get tough.

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 02:10:00 -0400

I do like the idea of clean, readable books. If you're new to validating, you could really help out by taking a book that's rated excellent or that has the letters BSO before the title. BSO means it's a better scan of a book that's in bad shape in the Bookshare collection. As Elizabeth has pointed out, those of us who are comfortable with validating and who have rank spelling can make short work of deciding about the integrity of most of the books rated fair on step 1. There are some hidden gems in there where the submitter didn't mark the correct text quality, and those are worth saving. If our newer validaters and those who use Microsoft Word for validation will focus on books rated excellent, we can tame step 1 pretty quickly and have some great reading as a reward. (smile)

Monica Willyard