[bksvol-discuss] Re: stories have powerful effects

  • From: juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:28:26 -0500 (EST)

Here in the U.S. guide dogs, or dog guides, smile which ever you prefer.
smile, are trained to do escalators and revolving doors.  It is rare that I
have to use a revolving door, but my three foot long eighty pound dog and I
do fit quite nicely in them.  He also does escalators when we encounter them
in the environment.  Which at the shopping mall is important as the
elevators are out in the middle of no where.  Smile.

In the United Kingdom they are required by law to carry their guides up and
down the escalator and of course this is causing a lot of controversary as
most other countries have stopped this practice.

My dog has done some bad things in his life.

He is a bit dog distracted but if the handler let's me know, if I haven't
figured it out myself then I take the appropriate action.

I have met some very badly behaved guides, and have told businesses they can
deny the dogs access if they are unkempt, badly behaved, destructive, or
what have you.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council