[bksvol-discuss] Re: stories have powerful effects

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:09:43 -0500

I agree about this list. It is story telling to the general public I wonder about. I do not feel I have to be a poster anything nor does my dog. However, I do think anyone with a dog should be able to walk into a public place without the dog putting its head near food, destroying things or having accidents. My guide dog can sit quietly in meetings, on a bus and so forth. I am concerned with I run across guide dogs and people where these things do not happen. I would be concerned with a pet and person team about similar things but with a guide dog it is particularly important. I have had trouble getting into some places because the owners of the restaurant say, has had trouble with previous visitors and guides. This is the only way in which I think guides and people can effect the ability of others to use services. For instance, the activities of some guides and people at large blindness conventions make it difficult for those of us whose dogs behave well when we want to use those hotel chains in future.

E.