[bksvol-discuss] Re: slow web site

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:16:43 -0600

I find the bookshare site to be slower than any other site without huge
pages that load a lot of pictures.  I also don't understand why the step 2
page is so slow, since it is actually a very small page.

I always use open in new window when I am browsing, and I've set a windows
sound for "complete navigation" which causes a sound when Explorer thinks
the page has appeared.  Of course it is usually a bit longer before you can
read with your screen reader, but that at least allows you to ignore the
page and do something else for a little while when something slow is
directions for assigning a sound to an event I can probably help, although
the procedure is not the same for all windows operating systems.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/