[bksvol-discuss] Re: slow web site

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:29:00 -0500

Hi E.,

I've noticed too that the Step 2 page seems to take an inordinate amount of time to load lately. While the Step 1 page also takes a considerable time, I can understand that with all the links that need to be built.
One thing you can do to speed things up, if you have multiple tasks to perform on the Step 2 page, is open subsequent operations in new windows. I.e. if you want to renew more than 1 book, or you want to renew books and upload a book, you can go to the link and hold down the shift key while you hit Enter. This will open the link in a new window, which you can just close when you're done. Obviously, this won't reflect the new status on the original window, but it will allow you to move down through the list and catch the other links you want without the long delay for loading the Step 2 page. This works well in IE speeding things up quite a bit, but as for other browsers I'm not sure.

Dave

At 03:46 PM 2/10/2005, you wrote:
I am accessing the bookshare web site with a new very fast computer and cable modem. I go to the step 2 page. It takes forever to load. I renew a book and press the page back key to do something else on the step 2 page. Again a long ong long wait. What is going on?

E.