[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanno question

  • From: Christopher Zeigler <chrisallen032@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare book discussion list <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:37:01 -0500

Hi Judy
That is interesting not sure that I have seen that before but they have
seen the scanning software take another letter in put another one there
instead not lower casing the word before never seen that before.
But that's definitely an interesting one.
On Nov 4, 2015 3:32 PM, "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've run into a couple books recently when proofreading that have the
following scanno: the word hi in lower case instead of the correct word in.
It occurs throughout the entire book.

You guys who scan, what causes this? Is it a characteristic of any
particular OCRing setting or program?

It's more of a curiosity question than anything else, mostly because it's
cropped up a couple of times now. It's a scanno a proofreader finds only if
they are carefully reading the book word for word, because it of course
doesn't show up on a spell check.

--
Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese