[bksvol-discuss] Re: ranked spelling and my own questions about k1k

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 07:07:02 -0500

I usually run "apply corrections" from the tools menu first. I have also gone into the spell checker dialog and requested that it ignore proper names. I then save that to my default settings file. Now the rank spelling is more realistic. I do however experience amazement at the words the rank speller does not know. What is going on with dictionary bundled with k1k?

Also I ask again just to be extra sure. When installing k1k version 9 on a computer which has never had anything on it before, would it make sense to install all voices except sappi? I have a lot of memory and a fast computer now and am running dectalk soft with Window-eyes 5 no sappi installed. Do I need sappi for other things or might I want it? If so, which version is good to install and where would be best to get it? Window-eyes? k1k? I am concerned it will bump up against other things.

Do those of you who use at&t voices use them with k1k or with your screen reader?

E.