[bksvol-discuss] Re: ranked spelling and my own questions about k1k

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:10:03 -0500

I have also noticed the capital letters in rank spelling. It is not consistent, but usually.

 At 02:30 PM 2/19/05, you wrote:

Regarding the issue with ranked spelling and the dictionary, I'm not sure where the list comes from, but it is not using the American Herritage dictionary which comes bundeled with the software. That is for sure.
Another weird thing ranked spelling does is to offer an upper case alternative where such is not warranted.
As for the speech, I don't like Eloquence and via Voice, so I don't use either, except on my laptop. The big thing is, don't install both. So if you have not instaled eloquence from your Window eyes, then you should be
ok installing ViaVoice with K1000. I prefer the Neospeech voices that came with k1k on a separate cd to the ATT Natural voices. But that's a matter of taste. And in any case, I don't use any of them very often,
because I still like Flextalk better than any of them. What voices you use is really a matter of personal taste. If you have heard eloquence and dislike it, then you won't like Via Voice either, as they sound pretty much
the same. The voices like ATT and neo speech are not as responsive for editing in my opinion. I'm with Mike on the tripple talk. Its certainly the most responsive of the available speech choices I have here.
Mary