[bksvol-discuss] Re: ranked spelling

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 06:19:54 -0500 (EST)

Bud

Ranked spelling is one of the most valuable editing tools offered by K1k.
Whereas the Spellchecker shows you the list of all misspelled words,
ranked spellings shows you those same words in the order of most frequent
to least frequent.
Generally, at the top of the list are proper names that appear in the book
which normally can be ignored as incorrect spellings by you.
Ranked spelling allows for ignoring the errors, entering the spellings
into your dictionary, individually or globally replacing, and even hand
editing and examination of the errors.
It became a part of K1K with either version 7 or 8.

I'd urge you to begin experimenting with it on a document or 2; and I
suspect once you become comfortable with it, you'll wonder how you scanned
and edited books without it.
And that suggestion goes to any K1K user out there who hasn't used Ranked
Spelling which is available under the Tools menu.