[bksvol-discuss] question re spelling

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:00:59 -0700 (PDT)

That's what I assume--that the misspelling of homonyms
comes because people are spelling the names/words the
way they sound. Spelling errors that we all make
because of too-fast typing and not bothering to
check--I'm one of the worst-- I wouldn't bother with.

I'm willing to correct people privately off list if
they want--and only those of you who would like me to.
smile I guess it's the teacher or mother in me, smile

G.Cindy

U know, all, I don't think G. Cindy is talking about
mere random
spelling errors, but things like Mayrie's name, for
example, the
misspelling of which could potentially cause
difficulties.  However,

The difficulty arises when the screenreader pronounces
a word like
Mayrie the same way it would Mary, & therefore 1
thinks 1 knows how to
spell something when in fact they don't. Also, many
screenreaders
pronounce the letter a as uh.

AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/