[bksvol-discuss] Re: question re spelling

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:01:11 -0400

Hi all,

Anybody can correct me if they find a blooper in my posts. I about died the other day when Judy S. found my "malled". I laughed so hard! I don't mind being corrected because sometimes a person who is blind doesn't see names of things brand names, author's names and so on.

Now some folks may be more sensitive so I tend to write them privately if I see a homonym Hop Toad or a particularly bad brand name misspelling. I think especially on authors' names and brand names it's OK to correct somebody publicly because others may be making the same mistake. That's why, for example, we have books in the collection by Tolkien that are misfiled cuz his name's been misspelled. Brand names of computers and equipment for the blind need to be spelled correctly because if you don't, you're not going to be able to look it up on the net. Just my two cents on spelling.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring