[bksvol-discuss] poor rated books

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:49:40 -0400

I notice books on the step 1 page with fair or poor ratings. Given the kind of tools we have for software and the improvements in scanners in the past five years or so, what excuse can there possibly be for submitting books with "Many errors but legible throughout"? They take a lot of time to validate and sometimes cannot be fixed at all. I just do not understand such submissions unless they are books which have a lot of graphics or something which the scanner software cannot grok.

E.