[bksvol-discuss] Re: points of navigation followed by three asterisks

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:34:42 -0800

I think the asterisks are to retain the line spaces (2 or more)  that are
in the print book--between sections so that they won't run together and the
text be hard to follow;  I had been putting them before the chapter title
as well so the page number wouldn't run right into the chapter title but
was told not to. I asked if it was to put  them after after title,the
since the body  of the text  and the chapter title are in different fonts;
As a sighted person I wouldn't like to see tile and body text run
together-=-I wouldn't be able to adjust to the difference in font quickly
enough to realize that I was seeing 2 different things; and I wonder if
someone listening to a book would know where the chapter title ended, and
the body began. It's too bad that line spaces in print books can't cause a
pause between sections or titles and body text.

 BTW when we do poetry, we put one asterisk between stanzas rather than 3.
Maybe one could use one between title and body text;
Whatever the majority of members want would be the criterion, I suppose-
depending on the