[bksvol-discuss] Re: page numbers

  • From: "Satauna" <mercury@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 22:30:41 -0700

When I edit a book, whether I'm validating or scanning for submission, I
always put a hard page break before any new page, then put the page
number at the top.  I then skip two lines.  I strip out the headers, but
I think leaving the page numbers is important.  It helps if I'm in a
college class, for example, and the instructor refers to a certain page.
OR maybe I'm writing a paper and I'm referencing specific pages in the
book.  In nonfiction works, I particularly find page numbers helpful,
especially if the book contains an index or an extensive table of
contents.

Hope this helps your understanding, Tiffany, but I also trust that
you'll submit and validate in a way that works for you! Better  a book
with no page numbers than no book at all!
Satauna