[bksvol-discuss] page numbers

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 22:31:12 -0400

hello,
Before submitting a book, I usually do a majority of the editing manually on my
own.  I don't mind doing it, and it saves someone else the bother.
Anyways, I truly dislike how on the top line of some novels it has the title of
the book written on every other page, and the author's name on each remaining
page.  I feel A, that it's not necessary to hear over and over time after time,
and B, that it is kind of intrusive, and or interrupts the flow of a book when
reading in continuous mode.
I know in Kurzweil there is an option to remove page headers, but it removes
the page numbers in the footers as well.
I personally don't want to hear about the page numbers any more than I would
want to hear the title repeated , but I didn't know if there was any policy
which says we should or shouldn't keep page numbers in the books?  From the
books I've downloaded, it seems to be done either way.
Thanks.
Tiff