[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot my messy day

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:23:16 -0600

Oatmeal, huh?  Actually this is a bit of Thursday ritual for me!  Well
actually a 7-grain cereal where oatmeal is the majority grain.  And in
summer time like now, a nice soft sliced fresh peach.  Maybe a dab of
cinnamon if I can find it.  Mike Regenstrief's folk Thursday morning radio
show streamed from Montreal's CKUT from 9 to 11 Eastern time ckutfolk.com
and a bowl of hot cereal.  And then later catch up on the night and morning
emails from you folks and others out in my cyber world. Maybe some Diane
Rehms from WAMU, some Fresh Air from WHYY, then Air America.  And then back
to the local world of woe and glee, and things that need to be done,
Powdermilk Biscuits or not.

Thanks for your community of comments overnight.  And indeed, Peace to you
all, and those even outside our web of connectedness.

I have the following book that I submitted still awating validation on Step
1.
If anyone is a fan of music history and American country music pop culture,
I think this book is a pretty important document.  It is already in the RFB
& D cassette collection.  But I found I wanted to be able to more easily
access it reference for my radio show, so I scanned it.

San Antonio Rose: The Life And Music Of Bob Wills Charles R. Townsend
     RTF (Rich Text Format)

I have a few more done and will submit sometime in the next little while, a
biography of Gram Parsons, a new collection of short fiction by Montana
author Thomas McGuane.  Surprised I was to learn that there are no titles by
him in our Booshare library, and I'll maybe try and work on that as I have
most of them.  Also that important book about Iraq Chasing Ghosts is done
and I'll submit that soon.

This summer, we have had former Happy Days tv star Henry Winkler here in our
town filming a popular children's book called  A Plumm Summer.  I didn't
find the book it is based on in our collection.  If anyone has it or would
like to produce it, I think it would be likely a fun read.  It's based on a
true story, about a tv children's show.  Sounded like fun.  The movie stuff
went really well here and the "Fonz" was adored and made lots of new friends
here.  I guess he is an children's author himself these days.  I wouldn't
mind reading him, too.

So... I'm just having my Thursday ritual and bid you all a great day!  Hope
you all do good whatever you had for breakfast!  (grin)

Thanks.
Rik