[bksvol-discuss] Re: line breaks?

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:55:04 -0500

Unless your braille note is set to display things drastically differently from mine that empty space is probably spaces not blank lines. I don't even know how to get mine to actually make me advance the display to show the next line and i sometimes wish I could set it that way. I have my display set to show new lines with the 1 2 4 6 p paragraph symbol, but I know it can indicate them with spaces. I just think it would take a ridiculous number of new lines to actually show an empty display.
I would suggest doing a search and replace that would replace 2 spaces with one. Repeat that over and over again and see if you can get rid of all that wasted space. If that doesn't work maybe more examination of the file will have to be done. If it is less work you can just mark and delete the blank spots.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity

----- Original Message ----- From: "tina" <tinabir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>