[bksvol-discuss] Re: used book purchases

  • From: "Deborah Kent Stein" <dkent5817@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:57:42 -0500

Thank you for all your sleuthing!

Debbie

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carrie Karnos
  To: Bookshare Vol Group
  Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 6:24 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] used book purchases

  Hi all,

  Today was the Palo Alto library used book sale, so I bought 2 bags worth of
books, half classics, half miscellaneous books.  As far as I know, none of
these are on Bookshare or are being edited or are on the download list, so if
you spot one that is, please let me know and I'll yank it out of the group.

  30 Classics:
  Angelou, Maya - Gather Together in My Name
  Buck, Pearl S. - Fourteen Stories
  Caldwell, Erskine - Jackpot: The Short Stories of Erskine Caldwell
  Camus, Albert - A Happy Death
  De Tocqueville, Alexis - Democracy in America (this is abridged - full one is
already on)
  Dumas, Alejandro - El Conde de Montecristo (in Spanish)
  Faulkner, William - Sanctuary and Requiem for a Nun (Sanctuary is on but not
Requiem)
  Faulkner, William - Sartoris
  Flaubert, Gustave - The Sentimental Education
  Frankl, Victor - Man's Search for Meaning
  Galsworthy, John - One More River
  Golding, William - The Inheritors
  Hesse, Hermann - Demian
  Hesse, Hermann - The Glass Bead Game
  Huxley, Aldous - After Many a Summer
  Huxley, Aldous - Antic Hay
  Lessing, Doris - The Habit of Loving
  Lewis, Sinclair - Kingsblood Royal
  Mann, Thomas - Buddenbrooks
  Maugham, W. Somerset - Mrs. Craddock
  Maugham, W. Somerset - Theatre
  Murdoch, Iris - A Severed Head
  Murdoch, Iris - The Red and the Green
  Nabokov, Vladimir - Pale Fire
  Pushkin, Alexander - The Captain's Daughter and Other Stories
  Schweitzer, Albert - Memoirs of Childhood and Youth
  Schweitzer, Albert - Out of My Life and Thought
  Shute, Nevil - A Town Like Alice
  Welty, Eudora - Thirteen Stories
  Wilder, Thornton - The Cabala

  25 Misc books:
  Allan, Roy and Clarissa - A Dog Owner's Guide to German Shepherd Dogs
  Anderson, Kevin J. - The Emperor's Plague (Star Wars book)
  Bond, William J. - Home-Based Mail Order: A Success Guide for Entrepeneurs
  Christie, Agatha - The Under Dog
  Chute, Marchette - An Introduction to Shakespeare (kiddie book)
  Condon, Richard - The Whisper of the Axe
  Davidson, Margaret - Louis Braille: The Boy Who Invented Books for the Blind
(kiddie book)
  Elliott, George P. - Parktilden Village
  Fishel, Elizabeth - I Swore I'd Never Do That!
  Fritz, Jean - Around the World in a Hundred Years (kiddie book)
  Hunter, Nigel - Gandhi (kiddie book)
  Keillor, Garrison - Happy to Be Here
  Klein, Lawrence R. - The Keynesian Revolution
  Lappe, Frances Moore - What to Do After You Turn Off the TV
  Marke, Julius J. - The Holmes Reader   (Oliver Wendell, not Sherlock)
  Mashiter, Rosa - The Little English Book of Teas
  Phillips, Harlan B. - Felix Frankfurter Reminisces
  Pomeroy, DanaRae - When Someone You Love Has Cancer
  Queen, Ellery - And on the Eighth Day
  Queen, Ellery - Mystery Magazine August 1994
  Riley, Dick - The New Bedside, Bathtub & Armchair Companion to Agatha Christie
  Rubin, Paul - True Great Mysteries
  Smith, L. Neil - Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (Star Wars book)
  Sutich, Anthony J. - Readings in Humanistic Psychology
  Thorn, John - The Armchair Book of Baseball

  Thanks, Carrie