[bksvol-discuss] Re: used book purchases

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 06:08:47 -0700 (PDT)

Three Came Home by Agnes Newton Keith is not in the Bookshare database but is
available on amazon.com for $2.12 (and the Time reading program special edition
is available for 1 cent).  Or I can check the local used bookstore if you like.

I just realized that I have 3 Latin books to process for one member, the
14-book Wild Card series and another 20 books in a donation from a second
member, 22 books on old-time radio I ordered from amazon.com for a third
member, and the 55 book collection I just got yesterday. I think I
over-extended myself a bit!  To chop, scan, OCR and submit all these books will
take a little while.  Don't anyone hold your breath! :-)

Carrie

Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-Boy, Carrie--What a collection. I hope some of those
are still there when I get around to going to the list
to validate something new.

I don't think I read A Town Called Alice but many
years ago it was a Masterpiece theatre production and
I loved it.

Which reminds me of another wonderful book that I
think I read as well as saw the movie--Three Came
Home. The book is autobiographical. The movie starred
Claudette Colbert and Sessue Hayakawa. It's a
wonderful story of courage and survival. The family is
imprisoned--mother and son separately from the
father--in Japanese concentration camps for the
duration of the war--terrible conditions but they do
survive--and come home, as the title states. I haven't
checked to see if it's in the collection of being
worked on.