[bksvol-discuss] Re: let's decide on the fate of this poor book

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 07:14:03 -0500

Lots of folks had this book after Sarah sent it back to step 1. All I suggest is that given its long history somebody check it out.

E.
At 07:09 AM 12/13/2007, you wrote:
Elizabeth and Cindy, there have been several books that Sara Blake held for an extended period of time. Is the book in question one of her holds? We have had 3 different volunteers named Sara, so I'm asking for clarification here. Though unrated, at least 3 of Sara Blake's released books have been quite easy to read and fix up. I worked on those and can only speculate that their long hold period was due to lack of time on Sara's end. I can't speak for this particular book, but I don't think that rejection should be our first course on books Sara Blake has held. One of her long-term holds was a children's book scanned by Jake that was literally flawless. She renewed it each week for 19 months time, and it didn't even have hold for on the title. I know she held it for that long because of the comments on the download form. When I took the book, I was able to validate it in around 90 minutes, reading it cover to cover. So seeing a long history in the comments section of a book doesn't always mean it's a poor scan. This is especially true if the book has been renewed repeatedly by only one person. I think the book deserves to be looked over objectively before being rejected. I have my five books right now. If it's still there when I get one of my current books done, I'll take it and see what it's like.

Monica Willyard

Cindy Ray wrote:

Well, I would be of a mind to reject it. I might feel differently
about it if it were excellent, but when the thing is good and has no
synopses or particular categories, I think I would just reject it
myself unless somebody can indicate why they didn't finish it. I
suspect, though Sarah would correct me if I am wrong, that her
seminary work has caused her not to have time to do it, but I don't
know about the rest of it.
Cindy Lou Ray

<mailto:bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx