[bksvol-discuss] just submitted

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 19:56:38 -0400

I just submitted Mary Lou: Creating an Olympic Champion by Mary Lou Retton,
Bela Karolyi and John powers.
In the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, a nation watched Mary Lou Retton flip,
somersault and tumble her way to a gold medal.  She became an over-night
sensation.  But how did she get there?  How did this small-girl from a West
Virginia mining town get to the Olympics? How did Bela Karolyi, the Romanian
coach who trained Nadia Comaneci in Romania and later to train other Olympic
champions get the opportunity to train Retton?   In alternating chapters, this
tells the story of Mary Lou Retton and how Bela Karolyi became her coach.
Book blog:
John Adams
E-Mail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx