[bksvol-discuss] just submitted

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 23:26:41 -0400

I just submitted a lovely book called The Dirty Girls Social Club by Alisa
Valdes-Rodriguez.
Meet the "Sucias" or "Dirty Girls" who meet every few months in Boston.  Learn
about their loves, their lives, and what it's like living Latina in America.
There's Lauren: a "Cuban white trash" girl.  Amber: an aspiring Mexican rock
singer.  Sara, who has the perfect life with Roberto, or so everyone thinks.
Usnavys, a girl who is loud and proud to be rich looking for love, and
Elizabeth a morning anchor woman guarding a secret, and last but not least,
Rebecca, or "becca Baca" as Lauren calls her, who is as uptight as they come,
or is she?  This book will make you laugh and cry, as you weave your way
through their lives and loves.
Book blog:
John Adams
E-Mail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx