[bksvol-discuss] Re: historical fiction about Australia-- a series

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mmbeagle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 21:53:37 -0400

Hi.

If you want, Susan and Larry can save their money and I can get the following
books by William Stuart Long through Inter-Library Loan -- but only three at a
time, and none of them until the end of September.  Can any of you tell which
are the ones from the series Cindy's writing about?

The Traitors
The Settlers
The Gold Seekers
The Explorers
The Exiles
The Colonists
The Traitors
The Adventurers

Marilyn

On Aug 30, 2013, at 2:10 AM, Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you, Jean
>  Yes, that's what I as looking for; susan Lumpkin said Larry is willing to
> scan the series if he can find the books cheaply enough; I'd  love to proof
> them. I don't remember who requested then. It was a long time ago, but they
> sounded like very readable and enjoyable books and I think they'll be good
> additions to the collection  for thos who like  historical fiction
>

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Jean McDonald <jjmcdee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Cindy:
>
> I don't know if this is what you're thinking of but there's a series of 12
> books by William Stuart Long (aka Vivian Stuart, V. A. Stuart) called "The
> Australians."  I haven't read them but the books begin in about the 18th
> Century and ends in the 20th Century.
>
> Jean McDonald
>
> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Does anyone remember the series or author of the series of historical
> fiction about  the country of Australia--not books set in Australia, like A
> Town Called Alice,,but about the settling and  various periods in the history
> of the country? Someone had requested the books for the collection; I can't
> scan and don't know if any of the series was scanned; I'd like to get the
> books from the library to read--though if they aren't in the collection and
> someone wants to scan them I'd love to proof them. I tried searching the
> collection but not remembering any titles or the author, I only came up with
> A Town called Alice when I put Australia n the search box. And  when I tried
> Amazon I only found  straight history; the synopses of the bocks made them
> sound very interesting. (

Marilyn
mmbeagle@xxxxxxxxx