[bksvol-discuss] Re: did Mayrie's thing now more questions

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 13:33:46 -0700

Hi Kestrell,

Yes, a space is supposed to precede and follow an ellipsis, except when a
quotation mark precedes or follows the ellipsis.  What you probably
misunderstood is the instance in which the dots of the ellipsis are
separated by a space and those need to be eliminated.

Hope that helps.

Mayrie

  _____

From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 9:33 PM

There is another quirky arrow (not just a straight line), called an optional
hyphen, and those you DO delete.  Maybe those are what you are thinking of
or have seen, Cindy.  I would be interested in learning how it is identified
in Braille or by speech.

Valerie

On May 21, 2011, at 8:32 PM, Cindy wrote:

I never knew what those little  arows were; I though maybe paragraph symbols
so I just deleted them, and there didn't seem to be any problem with wha
remained.

From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, May 21, 2011, 5:08 PM

I am thinking the right pointing error is a tab, and would be replaced by a
space unless you want your material formatted as a table, then it can be
used for creation of a table.

If you are in Word and not wanting to make a table, do a find and replace by
putting ^t in the first box and a single space in the second.

HTH!

Valerie

On May 21, 2011, at 4:47 PM, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:

The right pointing arrows are something you need to eliminate. In word you
just replace all of the ^l with a space, unless it's truly where a paragraph
ends then you replace it with ^p.

But usually it's a temporary line break so that it looks like the print
book, but is very annoying in braille and needs to be eliminated.

  _____

Internal Virus Database is out of date.
6:02 PM