[bksvol-discuss] Re: did Mayrie's thing now more questions

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 13:27:49 -0700

HI Charisma,

Oh, well, no, actually, I do that as one of the last steps before I start
actually reading the book.  You will probably find an order in which to do
things that you prefer over time.  For me, and this is very general, here's
my process.
Standardize font and paragraphing
Clean up and label/number all preliminary pages including formatting title,
and any prefatory titles such as "acknowledgments.
Format all headings in the book
 Make sure no missing pages
Get rid of running headers
Make sure all pages are numbered properly
Label all blank pages
Get rid of extra paragraph marks
Split united paragraphs, like where it doesn't break up conversation into
its individual speakers
Format ellipsis
Make sure no hyphenated words have a space after the hyphen

There may be more steps, but that's most of them.

Mayrie