[bksvol-discuss] business proposal for Bertrice Small

  • From: "Allison Mervis" <allisonfm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 08:56:51 -0400

Hi all!
I wanted to run this by everyone before I went ahead and did it. I was going to
email Bertrice Small and see if she could provide bookshare with manuscripts of
the books we don't have and whatever new ones she writes. However, I realize
that if she does this for free, she won't make a profit. But if we agree to pay
regular price for the book in return for the manuscript she might be more
willing. I realize that bookshare is a non-profit organization, but some books
scanned by the office are store bought, right? I want people's opinions before
I do this. If someone higher up would rather do it, please let me know.
Allison