[bksvol-discuss] Re: backlog created by validaters

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 08:14:20 -0800

Hi. Yes, this is true in some cases definitely. I do admit that I might have renewed some books for longer than I should have. However, in at least some cases as I outlined originally, they were sitting on the step one page for anywhere from a few days to several months before I got them, so apparently no one wanted to read them too badly. I really don't feel too badly about renewing indefinitely in most cases or working on 15 books at once. I generally check the step 1 page only once a day, so other people do have a chance to get the newest submissions before me if they're quick enough. As I also said before, I have missed the last several Star Wars and Star Trek books because I was too slow. Someone (Kellie?) said that they would take an Agatha Christie book in Spanish but it still sits on the step one page.

At 09:08 AM 1/23/2005 -0600, you wrote:

I understand what you're saying and it's cool if you are fixing page break issues. But I for one don't submit for credits, well srike that, I haven't since I got my quota a while ago. THough some people submit lots of books and may not need anymore credits doesn't mean that others might want to read the books that have been renewed indefinitely. If you wanted to read the book when you saw it on the step one page, others might want to read it as well. I submit a lot mostly because want to fill in series.wat to read the book. THe credits are just a cool side effect for me.