[bksvol-discuss] Re: backlog created by validaters

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 00:39:47 -0800

Hi. Yes, I see your point but I do not agree with it. See my other message on this. To summarize, the fact is that it doesn't do much good to rush through a book because it sits in the admin pool for months. I have waited on some books that I really wanted to read and either months go by and they are still on step 1 or someone else did approve them but they are in limbo, i.e. the admin pool. There have been a couple Hardy Boys books that have this fate. Someone else took them and I'm still waiting for them to show up. Likewise with the Star Trek and Star Wars books.

At 11:14 AM 1/23/2005 -0600, you wrote:

The only problem here is that you may not be the only person who would like
to read/validate something. If you're renewing them over and over for a
month and haven't even had a chance to look at it yet, it might as well be
waiting on the step 1 list. If it's still there when you find you'll have
time for it, then you can still take it. Otherwise, maybe someone else could
have taken it and validated it, and by the time you're ready to read it
would be in the collection, and you could read it with no work required of
you.