[bksvol-discuss] Re: another newby questions please and thank you.

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 23:47:49 -0700 (PDT)

You do have to press down on the spine of the book fairly firmly, so it's
flat,but not so hard that you break the glass. smile. I don't what scanner or
program you're using. I set the bottom of the book at the bottom of my scanner
and make sure that the the edges of the pages are not way over at the edge of
the scanner. That's where they get cut off.
When you think you have the book placed correctly, do a Preview Then you adjust
the surrounding lines do that the text is within the box. Then you can
scanner--but be careful not to move the book. You can just open it in the
middle of the scanner,  It's where the bordering square is that determines what
gets scan. If it cuts off any of the text it won't scan.

Gwen, I'm sorry but  I forgot whether or not you're blind. If you are and can't
see to set the frame around the text that you want to scan Somebody else better
tell you what to do. smile

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: