[bksvol-discuss] Re: another newby questions please and thank you.

  • From: "gwen tweedy" <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:27:54 -0500

Thanks a million Cindy
yes I am totally blind so don't know really where the scanner hits but thanks
so much for the help and I'm trying and learning,
gonna rest from scanning and just read for a few days though
to see if I did well or not,
I just finished
scanning
Family ever After by Margaret Daley
it was really good,
 but I have enough up there now
I  need to be sure I am even doing it right silly to put a bunch  up there,
 if I am messing up and things sense I am brand new, and never done this before.
I am enjoying it and it is fun
but I don't want to do a lot and find out I messed up.
I did my rejected book again, Barried sins by Marta Perry,
hoping that turned out better this time,
the others I have in waiting are,
Against All Odds by Chuck Norris,
Wanted
the author just flew out of my head,
seems like there was one more

but I did receive a most wonderful email today,
trying and learning I hope,
Woman At the Well by Daile Evans Rogers was added to the library,
the first one I got right,
so that encourages me to keep trying.
Thanks
for excepting my trials.

          From: gwen tweedy <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
          Subject: [bksvol-discuss] another newby questions please and thank
you.
          To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 11:57 AM

          My name is Gwen wife of Bob who is already a volunteer for a long
time here on bookshare.
          My  questions are these:
          Is there a better place than another to put a book on your scanner bed
          The first mailing I got from volunteer was a rejection of a book
because words were cut off but what was odd was when I read it or herard  it on
the scanner I heard all the words so didn't know this so thought it was OK and
put up a bad book.
          Now ordenarily,
          a few years ago,
          I would have just stopped, gave up and chalked it up to I'll never
learn or get it,
          but for some reason I am glad I got and that that first mailing was a
rejection,
          because it tells me, and taught me what not to do.
          And I am ready and willing to try again,
          I am determined, I am one that I have to get it right or knock myself
out trying *smile*
          I try to never but seldom let any thing beat me.
          another question:
          I know the book has to lie flat, but what do you really push down to
make that happen, because you have to be careful if it is not your book and I
feel like I'm putting a terrible amount of pressure on hands and book just to
get it to come out right,
          do you really have to  press down that hard?
          Thanks for any help.
          Sorry if these questions seem silly or mundain.