[bksvol-discuss] Re: another newby questions please and thank you.

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 13:25:34 EDT

It should be noted that, even though we speak of scanners and proofreaders,
the scanner should also proofread her or his own work, at least the best
scanners. That way the quality of the book is better assured. It has had two
proofreadings.

                                                                  "Can a
nation be free if it oppresses other nations? It cannot." Vladimir Lenin

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: another newby questions please and thank you.
Date:
8/5/2009 9:27:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
gstweedy@xxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Thanks a million Cindy

yes I am totally blind so don't know really where the scanner hits but
thanks so much for the help and I'm trying and learning,

gonna rest from scanning and just read for a few days though

to see if I did well or not,

I just finished

scanning

Family ever After by Margaret Daley

it was really good,

 but I have enough up there now

I  need to be sure I am even doing it right silly to put a bunch  up there,

 if I am messing up and things sense I am brand new, and never done this
before.

I am enjoying it and it is fun

but I don't want to do a lot and find out I messed up.

I did my rejected book again, Barried sins by Marta Perry,

hoping that turned out better this time,

the others I have in waiting are,

Against All Odds by Chuck Norris,

Wanted

the author just flew out of my head,

seems like there was one more

but I did receive a most wonderful email today,

trying and learning I hope,

Woman At the Well by Daile Evans Rogers was added to the library,

the first one I got right,

so that encourages me to keep trying.

Thanks

for excepting my trials.

block quote
From: gwen tweedy <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] another newby questions please and thank you.
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 11:57 AM

My name is Gwen wife of Bob who is already a volunteer for a long time here
on bookshare.

My  questions are these:

Is there a better place than another to put a book on your scanner bed

The first mailing I got from volunteer was a rejection of a book because
words were cut off but what was odd was when I read it or herard  it on the
scanner
I heard all the words so didn't know this so thought it was OK and put up a
bad book.

Now ordenarily,

a few years ago,

I would have just stopped, gave up and chalked it up to I'll never learn or
get it,

but for some reason I am glad I got and that that first mailing was a
rejection,

because it tells me, and taught me what not to do.

And I am ready and willing to try again,

I am determined, I am one that I have to get it right or knock myself out
trying *smile*

I try to never but seldom let any thing beat me.

another question:

I know the book has to lie flat, but what do you really push down to make
that happen, because you have to be careful if it is not your book and I feel
like I'm putting a terrible amount of pressure on hands and book just to
get it to come out right,

do you really have to  press down that hard?

Thanks for any help.

Sorry if these questions seem silly or mundain.

block quote end

block quote end

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&amp;hmpgID=115&amp;