[bksvol-discuss] Re: adult ratings Re: Re: Uh oh -- re weird, Adult rating

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:30:48 -0600

I request -- no I actually demand -- censorship filters for the following
categories based on hard-felt personal beliefs,, personal sensitivity, and
political affiliation:

a.  Religion and spirituality.
b.  Romance.
c. Books that are too preachy.
c.  Books that are too short.
d. Books that are too long.
e. Books that are not well written.
f.  Books that I may potentially not like.
  g. Books that are obsolete.
h. Books that do not adhere to the vision of the world that I want my
child to agree with.
i.  Books that are not clearly Liberal.
j. Books on dieting.
k. Books on new age anything.
l. Books that my neighbours may like.

But,  just because I am so magnanimous,  I will stop short demanding that
Bookshare be completely shut down.  I will allow for a least a couple of
dozen books in the open collection,  even if I were not terribly impressed
with content.

Regards,

Aloysius Q. Schmaltzenstein Gavronsky, (censor at large).