[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish list book

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:33:22 -0800 (PST)

Unfortunately, there's no way that I know of to see if
the books on the list are still wanted. As you've
gotten some responses to your offer to scan Folk
Vests, we know that someone is still interested, but
whether or not it is the person who originally
requested it I don't know. I also haven't kept track
of when books were requested, but I have begun keeping
track of who requests what books. Unfortunatel, I only
began keeping track of that recently. Many of the
books on the book list were, as you point out,
requested before the current booklist was begin. Those
books were taken from the bookshare booklist before it
closed down, and from a list Jamie kept as people
requested books on the email lists after the bookshare
list shut down but before we began the current list.

We probably should have kept the list in order of date
requested, but we didn't have those in most cases and
it seemed easier to keep it in alphabetical order,
perhaps because I'm a word person more than a number
person. smile

G.Cindy

> Does anyone ever check the wish list to see if items
> are still wanted?
>
> Is the date on which a book is submitted, or by whom
> the book is submitted
> kept as part of the wish list info?

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/