[bksvol-discuss] Re: Wish list book

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 02:02:12 -0500

I have read this book via NLS. It's an early effort by Francis, and it shows that he was a master of his craft from the beginning, a man with a true writer's soul. One thing I really like about Dick Francis is that he routinely portrays disabled people as fully capable, intelligent people who are worthy of respect. His days as a jockey taught him that attitude, and I find it refreshing and empowering.

Monica Willyard

At 05:53 PM 1/7/2007, you wrote:
Hi,
Just submitted Enquire by Dick Francis.

A closed-door enquiry has found a jockey guilty of the lowest possible crime--throwing a race for money. His reputation scarred, he's begun his own investigation--but asking the wrong questions just might get him killed.

Jim B<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />