[bksvol-discuss] Re: Why do you volunteer?

  • From: "gwen tweedy" <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 07:56:35 -0500

I love oldies and goodies.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ilene Sirocca
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 7:37 AM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Why do you volunteer?

  I have probably mentioned my reason for volunteering aside from the usual
ones.  It's that I love to submit books that I read long ago and would like
other people to have the chance to read.  Some of them were available once in
specialized formats but are not available now.  And of course I also find books
that i never got to read in the past that I can catch up with now and share
with others too.  This is a win/win situation.  Naturally, an occasional newer
book slips into my web as well, but I like to concentrate on the oldies and
goodies.

  Regards,

  Ilene