[bksvol-discuss] Re: What's gong on? Very annoying book rejected emails received

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 17:47:55 -0700

Roger, if you are not in a hurry to get your scans into the collection I'd
be willing to proof them (I have one thing I'm working on now and others
that are in the pile waiting but there's no hurry for, though I'd do at
least one of them before yours, probably, as the scanner is extremely
patient and deserves my attention before I take on anything else.
Cindy

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Roger Loran Bailey <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I usually do scanning myself and in my case it is because I don't have the
proper equipment to do a very good job proofreading. In fact, my scanned
submissions are not formatted for that reason. I leave that to the
proofreader. However, I don't usually do wish list books. It has been a
while since I have looked at the wish list and now that I am thinking of it
I may look again to see if there is anything I can do. The reason I don't
is because of limitations my situation imposes on me. Attempting to acquire
specific titles involves either getting to a library or spending big
dollars on books. For some time now the books I have been scanning have
been pretty much random books that acquaintances have picked up at library
sales or thrift stores for a few pennies. I also occasionally get one from
Paperback Swap. I think most of the books I scan are books that I would
have little interest in on my own even though I have done a very few that I
would not have read on my own but found out that I liked anyway. I
originally started volunteering as a way to defray the cost of my
subscription, but since then I have found that I have spent quite a bit
more money on volunteering than has ever been defrayed. Still, though,
there are limits and for the most part I just scan whatever comes my way.

On 8/6/2015 1:32 AM, Judy s. wrote:

Hi Cindy,

I think from what people have said that there just aren't enough
volunteers that can scan or that have the equipment to scan. Here's a link
to the wish list: https://www.bookshare.org/cms/wish-list. Make sure
you're logged in first to Bookshare before going to the link, or else you
may not be able to get to it.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese
<https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 8/6/2015 12:23 AM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:

Thanks for cleaning that up for me, Judy. Wish I could scan and submit
books for people to do, but I only have things to proof (and the ability
to proof; I could recommend books for scanners (do prospective scanners not
look at the wish list? Or are there not enough people with the right
equipment? Maybe I'll have my husband hook up my scanner and i'll
alternate proofing scanning. After all, that's what medication is for
...smile Is the wish list available to see if I go to the book share home
site?