[bksvol-discuss] Re: WORD OF WARNING!

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:10:30 -0700

LOL Sue. Thanks for the tip! I once had a similar issue when I encountered a

book where the word, "mom," consistently scanned as morn.  In what I thought
was a brilliant flash of insight, I decided to do a Word find and replace
with mom for morn.  Then I had to fix the problems in the rest of the book
in which I had to change the word moming into morning.  I just couldn't win!

Now what I do is just before I do a big find and replace I save a copy of
the file.  Then after I do the find and replace, I do a, "save as," and save
the file under a different name.  That way, if I don't like the way the find
and replace went, I still have the original file without the change.  It
isn't a 100% amazing solution, but it helps me sometimes.

Best,
Allison

----- Original Message ----- From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>