[bksvol-discuss] Re: WORD OF WARNING!

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 22:02:51 -0400

Hi all,

Original message:
You could use Xerxes or Xerox. <Giggle>

Aw, now Cindy, if I did that, I'd have to teach history. If I said Xerxes, they'd all look at me like I was crazy. Once I explained, they'd want to know what on earth was the relevance of Persian kings to computer training unless a vague reference to "mene, mene tocolu farsin",(sp, Weighed in the balance and found wanting.) the writing on the wall. They might take offense, thinking I was criticizing their progress.

Besides, if I had to teach history, I'd have to up my rates. No, no, that just won't do! I'll have to stick with exise.

Speaking of references to Persion kings anyone ever hear the oratorio Belshasar's Feast? Great music, very difficult, but challenging.

<smiling with twinkle>
Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons