[bksvol-discuss] Re: VALIDATION QUESTION

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:23:22 -0700 (PDT)

I delete them--but I think bookshare deletes them,
too, someone said recently, maybe Evan. Whoever it was
said that bookshare deletes them and therefore to keep
those that are necessary, such as double-spaced
separations that are in the book, to put asterisks.

I did that with one or two books but I've gone back to
creating the blank lines. If bookshare eliminates
them, so be it--I don't really thing it makes a
difference to the book--except that the author
obviously wanted them. If the reader is using
something that eliminates them,m that's fine. In the
Princess Diary books there are a lot of blank lines
between the main diary entry and something at the
bottom of the page. In the book I'm doing now it's her
homework assignments. In a previous book it was how
many days and hours until she saw her boyfriend again.

Since some of our members are not blind, I'd like the
book they see to be as close to the print book as
possible, so I'd rather readers themselves delete the
blank lines than bookshare--not that I have any choice
in the matter. grin

G.Cindy

--- siss52 <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> How does bookshare handle more than necessary  blank
> lines between pages?  I
> have a book that appears to be perfect except that
> there are more blank
> lines than needed between pages.  There are page
> breaks and page numbers
> throughout.
>

> My question:  Does the bookshare system just delete
> those lines during
> preparation and translation of the book, or should I
> do it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sue S.

AVAILABLE AT