[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rent - the good news and the bad news

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 20:26:25 -0400

Dear Carrie,

Applause for your persistence!!!

Always with love,

Lissi
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carrie Karnos
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 7:44 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Rent - the good news and the bad news

  Yesterday I tried doing what you said: selecting all, changing the background
to white and the font color to black, but the background stayed black, so I had
black on black, which makes it pretty hard to read (meaning impossible!)  I
stopped by the office this afternoon, so I asked Gustavo, who tried exactly the
same thing that you and I did.  He was surprised that it didn't work, but
instead of giving up like I did, he found the "Shading" option.  Once he
changed the shading to "No fill", everything was great - the whole thing became
black letters on a white background, like it should be.  So I'm going to edit
Rent and should have it uploaded for admin approval later this evening.

  Thanks for your suggestion anyway!  Carrie

  Jake Brownell <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi Carrie,
        Have you tried highlighting the afending text and then changing the
text color under Font on the Format Menu? And then the background color via the
Background option on the Format menu? As well, hese items are generally on one
of the toolbars and I think, are the letter A with colors/backgrounds
interchanged.

    Let me know how this works.

    Jake