[bksvol-discuss] Re: submitted this morning

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 20:34:29 -0400

Dear Carrie,

Dick Francis is one of my favorite authors and I'm elated that we can expect a
new novel by him in the fall. Proof is my favorite of his books, with almost
all of the others being close seconds. Francis is especially sensitive in Proof
where his main character is grieving for his wife and feels terribly alone in
his misery because he's grieving long past the standard time most people remain
actively upset. I identified with him so much. Also, just because I don't like
the taste or after effects, I don't drink alcohol. It's a tribute to Francis'
ability to bring sympathetic characters to life that I adored the protagonist
in Proof who owns a liquor store.

So many Francis titles at my fingertips is a highly appreciated luxury! Thank
you yet again.

Always with love,

Lissi